Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Spaghetti Squash and Garlic Shrimp

 Ingredients:
-1 spaghetti squash
-6-10 shrimp (based on size)
-Garlic or garlic cheese topper (I use the latter)
-1 TB butter
-Parmesan Cheese

Preheat your oven to 375 and cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and such from the middle.  Add just a touch of salt and pepper to the cut side, pour 1/2 C water into a 9x13 glass baking dish, and put the squash in cut side down.

Roast for about 35 minutes, remove from oven, and use a fork to scrape the insides into a yummy pile of veggie-ghettie. (My computer wanted to change that to veggie-ghetto, hence the random -ie...).  You will want to start your shrimp 5-10 minutes before it is done.
Shrimp is not something that needs a whole lot of effort in my opinion.  I heat a skillet on medium or just a touch over medium and melt a TB of butter.  I cook the shrimp a couple of minutes on each side, sprinkled with garlic cheese topper, salt, and pepper.

When it is all done, toss the shrimp on the "noodles" and grate a little parmesan over top.  Salt to taste.

I used one half for this dinner and the other half I ate for lunch at work with marinara and mozzarella over it.  It was really tasty!

This is a fun way to eat pasta now and then without really eating pasta.  I love some pasta, truly, but I also like that this is packed with yummy orange-veggie nutrients. Plus, who doesn't love a food imposter (or should I say, im-pasta...)

The meal itself was really yummy so I think I will do this with regular noodles sometime too.  I served it all up with some cucumbers with a little salt and pepper on them and some multigrain toast. 

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment