Monday, September 16, 2013

Brown Sugar Butternut Squash

Butternut squash is one of my favorite things.  I think that the best way to cook it is with brown sugar. 

First, you want to peel and slice the butternut squash into pieces approximately 1 to 1.5 inches thick.  Boil the squash in water until it just starts to get tender.  They boil very similar to potatoes in timing.  You do not want it to get mushy.

Drain and transfer to a skillet with a TB or so of butter, and add brown sugar.  The amount is kind of more to your preference on how close to candied you want it to be.  I would suggest at least 2 TB per piece, and I would also suggest putting some on both sides. 

Put the squash in, put brown sugar on the first side.  Let it cook for a few minutes and flip.  I would personally add brown sugar here again.   Cook a few more minutes, or until desired doneness.  I would say that it will be in the skillet at least 7-10 minutes.

We enjoyed ours with steak!

Happy crafting!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment