Thursday, August 8, 2013

Work-Appropriate Batman Outfit

It is a rare day that I ever post an outfit.  As in, I have never used an outfit for my craft of the day.  However, if you can make Batman work-appropriate, you need to be blogging about that.

This outfit starts with a tight gray pencil skirt that I actually bought on amazon.  I tucked a flow-y black shirt into it, because my theory is if you are going to be skin tight on bottom you better be counteracting it on top.  My pencil skirt is meant to be worn pretty high anyway.

My shirt is from Body Central...and I got it 9 years ago.  Good job, Body Central! (And my mom, for killer laundry skills).  Flowing tops are pretty trendy still, so you should have no problem finding one.  I would suggest looking at Body Central, Deb, or Rue 21 for an inexpensive one.

Next, add a bright yellow belt (also from Body Central).  Now, I like to wear flats. I can't imagine a superhero chasing down a villain in heels, so I paired mine with Mad Love flats from Target.  They are the black glittery ones, and I bought them off Target's website for about $20 or less.

Find some Batman earrings (most likely online, I found mine at a flea market for $1!!) and finish off the look.

If you are not a fan of tight skirts, a flouncy gray skirt would work just as well, but I would suggest pairing it with a tighter top in that case.  A dress with a blazer may also be perfectly suitable.  This is more a starting point that you can adapt to your preferences as needed.

I actually got quite a few remarks on my outfit today, including getting whistled at this morning (sheesh).  I don't see a reason in the world why work clothes would need to be boring.  I think a fun pair of earrings and some cute flats are a great way to tone down a pencil skirt if you are at a more laid-back office like mine.

There may not be a lot of outfits in this challenge, but I think this one earned its spot.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment