Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tortellini Pasta Salad: Feta, tomato, flavored oil

Ingredients:
-1 to 1.5 C tri-color tortellini (I get mine in big packs from SAMs, divide into smaller bags and freeze)
-1 roma tomato, diced
-1/4 C Athenos Feta Cheese crumbles (I used fat free)
-2 TB flavored oil of choice (I used a sun dried tomato basil)
-Salt

I cooked my pasta, which the kind I get only takes about 5 minutes to get done, and drained it.  All it was a matter of then was tossing it all together, putting a pinch of sea salt on it, and chilling it overnight so I could take it for lunch the next day.

Now.  This recipe is good for sure.  But it would be BETTER with bacon crumbled up in it.  This tortellini is really cheesy and good but if it was partnered with BACON it would be fantastic.

If you get a tortellini that does not already have some herbs mixed in, then you might consider adding some extra basil or similar depending on how flavorful your oil is.

But seriously...bacon.

I always have to come up with some pretty creative lunch ideas because I cannot stand lunch meat.  I mean once in a blue moon I will eat a bologna sandwich if I have cheesy Ruffles (worst possible choice I know) but I cannot, and will not, eat sandwiches consistently for lunch.  So between chipotle chicken salad, pasta salads like this, and fruit salsa I have managed to find quite a few lunch options that are not contingent upon me using a microwave!

And I do so love flexibility.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment