Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mango Bread

Ingredients:
-1 C AP Flour
-1.5 C Oats
-3 tsp baking powder
-1 mango, finely diced
-2 shakes of ginger
-1/2 C sugar
-1/4 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 C Milk
-1/4 c vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 375 and grease a loaf pan (mine was my Rachael Ray Oven Lovin 9" pan).  I mixed all of my wet ingredients first in my kitchenaid, then added in the dry right on top of it. 

I am not one who is much for separate bowls for anything.

I baked mine for about 30 minutes in my gas oven, but I would plan on 30 being a minimum.  The top of it should start to brown, and I toothpick tested mine since it was more like a muffin type thing than a doughy bread. 

Cool on a rack and enjoy this hearty, tasty bread. 

This recipe does not make a highly spiced one, so depending on your taste preferences you may want to add more ginger.  Mango is a really deep, rich fruit in my opinion, I like to think of it as the butter of fruits.  If you want this bread to be more sweet and dessert-like, I would suggest adding in coconut to make a tropical escape bread. 

This would also make great muffins as well!

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment