Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mango Toast: A Heavenly Nutrient-Packed Breakfast of Champions!

You will need:
-2 slices of Eurograin bread, I found loaves of it at Meijer in their bakery and oh boy, it is delicious.  A good hearty multigrain with seeds would be an alternative if you live somewhere without this bread or Meijer
-1 mango, diced and smooshed (a technical term)
-Honey
-Ginger

So anyone who knows well would know that I don't do well on stuff like cereal or cinnamon rolls alone for breakfast.  I have to have protein or within about 2 hours I am not a very happy camper.

So I figured I would get up this morning, toss something together, and go grocery shopping because I was out of eggs and many other things.  Imagine my surprise when I return home from shopping hours later (I also was dress shopping for a wedding) and am tucking things away in my cabinets, then take a nap.  All in all this encompasses, oh maybe 6 hours or so...

And I was not on the verge of breaking down or throwing a temper tantrum.. Why, you ask? Mango toast.

Mash the mango like you mean it and pop that toast in the toaster.  Mid-range setting for a nice brown without being burnt.

Spread the mango mash out on the toast, drizzle with honey, and give it just a little shake of ginger.

Rule #1 of my entire existence: Ginger is the best friend of nearly all fruit.

True story.  I use it weekly. 

Eat your scrumptious toast and marvel at how delicious it is, like a fresh jam, and get your day off to a fantastic start.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment