Monday, January 28, 2013

Pumpkin Cheesecake Wontons

 I was not feeling very creative today until I realized I had an unopened pack of wonton wrappers.  That is essentially crack for me.  I love putting random stuff in wontons.

I also love using things I already have.  How convenient.  I happened to have some leftover maple cream cheese icing...mwahahaha. Here we go!

-1/4 pack of reduced fat cream cheese
-1 TB maple syrup
-1/4 tsp vanilla
-1/4 C pumpkin
-1/4 tsp or LESS of cinnamon
-4 shakes of ginger
-1 shake of nutmeg
-1/4 c powdered sugar

OR, just your leftover icing from those yummy cinnamon rolls with pumpkin and spices added in.  Anyway mix all those together and fill wontons with the mix.  I rubbed a little oil over the top of mine, it really wasn't necessary I just wanted to see if they would get crispier.  If you have cloves, you could do less cinnamon and a tiny hint of cloves.  I have none.  So I had no choice.  I in no way shape or form would do any more cinnamon.

Bake at 350 for about 14 minutes until golden brown and sprinkle with powdered sugar when they come out.

These were pretty darn good, but I think they will be better when they get cold.  Caramel drizzled over them when they were hot, or maple syrup, could potentially be awesome as well. 

I baked mine on parchment paper so I wouldn't have to wash my sheet.  Then I spilled powdered sugar on it.  There really is no winning.  But these were delicious, so I will count that as a win.  I love pumpkin flavored things, I know it really is more of a fall type flavor but I don't care.  What the heck does winter have anyway?

Soup?

Peppermint? 

Peppermint soup wontons? I think not.  So, pumpkin it was haha. Plus I have been pining to make a cheesecake lately and so these at least are a nod to that.

Wontons make everything more fun.  I don't know how they do it, but even broccoli would be better in a wonton.  No really, a broccoli cheese wonton would be legit. 

If you are sitting there thinking how you really don't like pumpkin, shame on you.  However, you could use just about any pie filling mixed with cream cheese or fruit mixed with cream cheese and have an excellent cheesecake-esque filling, just replace the maple with honey if you need to.  Or do apple pie filling, caramel, and cream cheese.  Ignore spices if you are using preflavored things like that.  I would consider a hint of ginger with nearly all fresh fruit if it were me.  Not banana.  Definitely not banana. 

Happy crafting!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment