Monday, January 21, 2013

Table of Contents

Ok.  I have no pictures.  That is true.  But if I do not get to sleep soon I am going to probably fall over.  So, as a peace offering, I bring you this super handy thing I discovered.

You probably already knew it.

If you use an actual table to create your table of contents, it is MUCH simpler to get all of the numbers to light up.  I make two column tables, pull the center line far over to the right to make small boxes for my numbers, and then type the sections out in the larger boxes.  Then I just fill the space with periods or similar to draw the eye over to them.

Sounds simple enough, but I am not done.  If I have specific sections I will delineate them by adding in an extra line for the title of that section (think equivalent of chapters).  I will make that entire line a very pale gray to help set it apart.

And finally, I go up to design in the tables tab of word and I set the borders option to "no borders".  Then, it looks like I created this really fancy table of contents that has stellar alignment and designated sections....

Fake it til you make it, right?

Anyways, I will come up with something cool tomorrow.  As far as I am concerned, this is crafty enough.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment