Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ginger Blueberry Pancakes

Ingredients:
-2 cups Krusteaz pancake mix (or your own base)
-1 1/3 c of milk, plus a dash extra if it's dry
-1 tsp ginger
-1 3 second squirt of honey (for real, that's how I measure)
-1/4 c packed brown sugar
-1 cup of blueberries

Mash up some of the blueberries and/or slice some, and leave some whole.  Mix all the ingredients together, add a little extra milk if it is dry.  Taste the batter and add ginger to taste.  Butter a griddle and cook.

Serve with real maple syrup because nothing else is acceptable, as far as I am concerned.

I cooked all my stuff on the same griddle, cooking the pancakes first and then the eggs and bacon.  This got a little bit of blueberry on my eggs, but I am relatively ok with this.  I had to get back in the pancake groove as I am heading back to college in the morning where I am making pancakes on a weekly basis.

I bought a bag of my favorite mix from Sam's...it makes 270 pancakes.  That should hold me for a while ;). 

Make smaller pancakes if you want easy flips, make sure the sides are fully cooked if you are making bigger ones.  I tried to flip a big one far too soon...but at least it still tasted delicious hahahah. 

I don't care if you are home alone or have a house full of guests, tasty pancakes are always the answer.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment