Sunday, November 4, 2012

Incredible Necklace

I really like Sugarland.  They are excellent, different, and FUN.

Plus, Jennifer Nettles makes dancing around in 5+ inch heels look simple, and that in and of itself is impressive.

So I made this necklace that is "Incredible Machine" inspired.  I used my heart shaped mold and encased some gears in resin.  I waited 24 hours for it to dry and popped it out.  I put black paper behind it, which is hard to tell in this picture.  Sometimes, if the back of my pendants are still a little sticky, I attach paper.  There is no sense in wasting a good pendant for a fixable problem. Always mod podge to save them from your skin sweating and messing them up.

I used silver chain and wrapped the smaller bronze chain through it.  I did it in sections that I could connect using nuts and washers.  I hung feather charms off one to signify the wings that are usually included in the incredible machine logo and are always on the Sugarland heart.  I included a key because I thought it went with the overall theme well.

Consider it a deconstructed logo, essentially. 

We started the remodel of mecca this weekend! It is going to happen over the course of the next few weeks, because I really want to be involved in the entire process.  It is my room, and I would feel bad if someone else did all the work.  Plus, I want to learn to wallpaper and similar!

It's going to be dark gray upper walls, white chair rail, and beautiful black on white damask wallpaper below the chair rail.  I plan on having a few red accents throughout the room, including red jewels on my chandelier that I redid a brass one for a few weeks back (http://greenzebra9.blogspot.com/2012/09/creating-mecca-lier.html). I used the wallpaper (bought it on amazon) on the chandelier as well to tie it all in.

I have decided that what used to be my Mecca is now going to be called my Craft Studio.  It fits well with my urban design side, and I think it might look a little too fancy when it is all said and done to still be Mecca.  I have to come up with excellent organization in it as it is small and I am not putting a door on it, but I have some pretty crafty ideas on how to accomplish that. 

We shall see! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment