Friday, November 16, 2012

Puffy Snowman Christmas Card

Have I mentioned I love snowmen?  I really have only built one once, but I also have snow chair and snow dragon on my resume.

Don't act like you are shocked. 

Regardless, I got this blue textured paper and tore some white to go over it like a fresh blanket of snow.  My Durango hates snow.  I am good for about one day of snow a year, and then I like for it to magically disappear.  Regardless, I made the snowman using 1 inch circles as a guide and started covering the top one in puffy paint and then the remaining two, widening them as I went.

I tore some thin strips of red into smaller pieces and put it right in the paint to let it work like glue.  Next, I used my polyflake to make dots for snowfall and then polyflaked the heck out of it.

Now, I don't want to seem misleading, so I must inform you I had to photoshop the details in because it was not dry.  You know how I am with patience.  But it was too cute to wait.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment