Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Portobello Burger

You Will Need:
-Large Portobello Cap with the gills and stem removed
-Toppings: I used homemade frisco sauce, tomatoes, feta cheese

Put a little oil in a skillet and put the mushroom cap in.  Sprinkle a little seasoned salt over the mushroom. Let it cook for a few minutes.  Flip the mushroom over and put about 1/4 C of water in the skillet and put a lid on it.  Let it steam about 3 minutes or so.

Mushrooms cook up pretty quick.  I put mine on toasted wheat bread.  It probably looks a little strange in the picture because I had to tear off the end of the slices so that it would even fit in the toaster.

Bread should really be marked if it is toaster-friendly...
I made a Frisco sauce similar to Steak and Shake's using one container of Chobani Greek yogurt, 3 TB ketchup, a little bit of sweet pickle relish, a sprinkle of seasoning salt garlic and pepper. 

I put the Portobello cap on with the top down.  I topped it with feta and diced tomato.

I really liked this and it was a great light meal that still tasted hearty.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment