Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Apple Berry Granola Bites: No Flour or Eggs

Ingredients:
-1/2 C Chunky Applesauce
-1 C Oats
-1/2 C Dried Berries (I used Trader Joe's Golden Berry Blend)
-1 TB Honey
-1 TB Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani 2% Plain which I now buy in the big tub because I use it so much!)
-1+ TB cinnamon (depends on your taste preferences, if you prefer things heavy on the spice you will need more)
-1/4 tsp ginger
-2 dashes of nutmeg

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients until just blended.  Use a cookie scoop or similar to put even little mounds out, patting them down with the back of the scoop.

Bake for 10 minutes for a fairly soft  granola bite, or longer if you want them to be more crunchy.  Ten minutes on a dark sheet is absolutely perfect in my opinion.  They should be about a half inch thick or so.

I love the bright flavor in these, and it was a good use for a different brand of chunky applesauce that I tried and did not like as well.  If you are an oatmeal raisin cookie lover, you should consider putting raisins in instead and then adding more cinnamon.  I really think these could kill a cookie craving. 

The best part is, you can eat a couple of these without feeling guilty.  Now THERE is a little factoid that I can get along with.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment