Thursday, December 27, 2012

Camo Baby Shower Cookies

If you don't have a little yellow duckie cookie cutter, I question your sanity.  Not only are they exceptionally cute for baby shower things...they are cute in general! Are you telling me you would not smile if someone gave you a duckie cookie?

I would smile.  That's for sure.

Regardless, this is actually something I did quite a while back but my mom was going through pictures and reminded me of it.  It is such a cute idea that I wanted to share it!

It really isn't a how-to as much of a concept showing.  I like to do it a color at a time so that they do not run together.  It requires a thicker icing to do it, you obviously will want it stiff enough that you don't have to worry about it going to far.

If you don't need to stack them, you could do it with cake icing for a lofthouse-esque appeal.

As an added bonus, those sandwich cookies right there are to DIE for.  I make a cream cheese icing filling with a tablespoon or so of Jelly Belly Pina Colada syrup in it and a couple handfuls of coconut.  If your mouth is watering, it should be.  Slap it between two sugar cookies and you are have a tasty little cookie.  If you are making homemade sugar cookies and are going to put sugar on the top of them, mix in a packet or two of true lemon or lime and dust it on them.  This will cut the sweetness and add some pizzazz.

And who doesn't enjoy pizzaz? Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment