Monday, November 11, 2013

Upcycled Light Bulb Ornament: Santa 'Stash Away All

All you need is a burned out bulb, some red and white paint, and a paintbrush.

I used a metallic red because that is what I happen to have on hand and I think the color looks cool.  So paint the red base coat on first and let it dry. 

Go back and paint the white mustache on, and I would suggest letting it dry as well because you have to be super careful if not.  Using white paint, or bringing in another color like green, you can write "stash away" near each mustache curl and then "stash away all!" under it. 

If you want to be more spelling-ically correct you could do 'stache away of course.  But I just felt more like using stash.

I added the detail around the top just for funzies and then laughed because it really did remind me of Santa.  That is perfect.  I will probably wrap wire around the metal part of the bulb to create a hanger.

Luckily for me, I have a few more bulbs left and  couple of fun ideas for them.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment