Thursday, November 14, 2013

Roasted Cashews and Pecans with Everything Topping

You will need:
-1.5 C Cashews
-1 C pecans
-1 Jumbo Egg white
-Everything Topping
-Salt

Preheat your oven to 300F.  Whip the egg white with a pinch of salt until it is frothy. Toss in the nuts and stir to coat.

Turn the nuts out onto a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with everything topping and salt.  Roast for 25-30 minutes until brown, stirring once or twice during the roasting.

I am ever more convinced that my oven cooks really hot.  I actually cut my heat down to 250F after the first 15 minutes, and then I did allow them to roast for the full 30.  However, I also had mine on a lower rack than what I usually do, so they were definitely closer to the heat source.  Just be aware that you may need to adjust your timing or temperature.

If you make these and any males are present, don't expect them to last long.  The cashews are especially good, and I can see them being consumed by the handful.  If you are looking for a great thing to make for football Sundays, this is a great option!

You can mess around with different seasonings and toppings, I would personally like to try a spicy variety (maybe creole seasoning or something unusual!).

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment