Monday, November 25, 2013

Chipotle Cranberry Turkey Wings

Ingredients (increase as needed, this was to fit my round baking dish):
-3 pieces from turkey wings once separated at joint and wing tips removed
-1 TB butter, soft
-Salt
-1/2 C chipotle cranberry sauce, recipe found here
-2 TB brown sugar
-2-3 TB almond flour

Put the wing pieces in the baking dish (I always like to butter any glass dish I am baking in just in case).  Rub them each with a little butter, then give them a healthy dose of salt and a little pepper.

Spoon the chipotle cranberry sauce over them evenly and sprinkle with the brown sugar and almond flour.  The almond flour can be omitted, I just wanted to add it in for a little texture.  To be honest, it was not all that noticeable in the dish, so don't fret too much if you leave it out.

I like to add just a couple TB or so of water to the dish, cover with foil, and bake in an oven at 350F for 35-40 minutes.  I like to remove the foil for the last ten minutes of baking, adding more chipotle sauce if it looks like it needs it.

You need to understand that these should not be eaten if you need to look dainty, delicate, well mannered, or sexy.  You will be a MESS by the time you are done eating them and I must say it is quite an adventure.  Thoroughly enjoyable, and why not get a little messy now and then?  I personally found myself only able to eat one piece per meal having other sides to go with it.  These wing pieces are quite large.

And they were CHEAP.  So I was not afraid to do a little experimenting.  It was quite an adventure cutting them apart and I suggest looking up how to do it because I am not a good resource for that.  I almost became a vegetarian while cutting them up after I got some goo on me.  I have never cut anything like that apart before, I hardly ever even cut apart pork because my mom and I share packs of it and usually she cuts it before giving it to me.  I realize now I am completely spoiled by this. 

But this was a good experience.  Shenanigiving helped me get insight into parts of cooking I usually don't get: having multiple things done at the same time and cutting apart meats, and just how exhausting bigger than usual meals can be to make. 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment