Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dill Seed Bread

Ingredients:
-1 pkg active dry yeast
-1/4 C warm water
-1 C sour cream
-1/4 C sugar
-2 TB butter, soft
-1 jumbo egg
-1 TB dill seed
-pinch of salt
-2 C AP Flour
-1/4 C Whole Wheat flour
-More of preferred flour as needed

I let the yeast sit in the warm water in the mixing bowl until it started to look foamy.  Next, add in the remaining ingredients, adding more flour as needed until it just comes into a ball.

Turn it out on a floured surface and knead about 5 or so minutes until it is smooth and elastic.  Oil a bowl and plop the dough ball in, turning it over after doing so to coat it.  Let it rise, covered, in a warm place for an hour.

When the dough is ready, punch it down and dust it with a slight bit of flour.  Place it in a greased bread pan (I used my Rachael Ray Oven Lovin' Pan) and let it rise, covered, for another 30 minutes.

After it has risen for the second time, you have the option of using 1 egg mixed with a little water as an egg wash if you want to put a topping of some sort on it.  I used my everything topping that I love.  Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until golden, this may take up to 40 depending on your oven.  I used a dark nonstick loaf pan in a gas oven, and I pulled mine out after 30 minutes.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment