Sunday, November 17, 2013

Crockpot Chipotle Shredded Chicken for Tacos, Taco Salads, and More

Ingredients:
-2 chicken breasts
-2 small chipotle peppers
-1 tsp cilantro (I used the stuff in the tube from the produce section, you could use some fresh leaves or some dried, use less if dried)
-6 small Campari tomatoes or tomato of your preference
-1/2 C frozen
-1/2 C water or chicken stock, stock if you have it on hand
-2 TB butter
-pinch of garlic
-salt

I pulsed my chipotle peppers and my tomatoes with the cilantro in my food processor until blended.

Then I just threw everything in my crockpot and put the chipot-mato puree over it after salting and peppering the chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen).  I popped the lid down on my crockpot and let it cook on high for about 4 hours, then shredded the chicken and turned the crockpot to "keep warm" and let it sit about 30 minutes.

So far I have eaten mine on corn tortillas, which was very tasty, and tomorrow I am going to eat it as a naked taco salad, because I really don't feel like making any more shells. It is spicy for sure, but quite tasty!

In fact, I am incredibly exhausted.  There were tornado warnings here all day, at one point the sirens did go off although luckily it did not get that bad, and I have cooked so much in the last few days that I have washed my kitchenaid bowl about 8 times in 24 hours.  AND IT IS DIRTY AGAIN.

Along with all my forks, what the heck happened to them?!?!

I don't have a dishwasher, but in my own weird way I kind of am starting to like that.  I am pretty convinced my dishwashing is what is burning all the calories I am eating.

But those darn dishes are just going to have to wait til tomorrow.  This chick is definitely hitting the hay early.  However, my cheesecake pops seemed to have turned out pretty good, so definitely check back for those tomorrow!

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment