Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cranberry Corn Muffins

Ingredients:
-3/4 c corn flour
-3/4 c AP flour
-1 egg (I use jumbo, if you use real small eggs, use two)
-3/4 C milk
-1/4 C honey, or alternatively you can use maple syrup!
-3/4 C fresh cranberries
-1/2 C frozen corn
-1/2 TB baking powder
-3 TB butter, melted
-Salt
Optional additions: Bacon, the ultimate addition to everything; feta or some other rich cheese; or some rich herbs like rosemary and basil.

Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin.  Mix all the ingredients together and fill the cups.  I make my corn muffin dough pretty stiff typically, you can soften it up with additional butter and/or milk of course.  These are not overly sweet, they more have a hint of sweet and then some tartness from the cranberries.  You could add a half cup or so of sugar to them, or you can add a savory component like bacon which I also think would be interesting.

If you thin it out a little it will probably fill up 12 tins, mine did 11 but some of mine were a little shy of full.  I don't mind a shrimpy muffin! You could make quite a few mini muffin bites out of this too.

Bake for 20 minutes, remove and transfer to cooling racks.

I like these as they are and think they would be good with butter.  I also think that they would be AMAZING with some of those other additions I mentioned above.  Or maybe even some orange zest. 

I may be mildly obsessed with corn muffins at this point.  Now, I maybe won't rank these as high as my Mexican street corn muffins, but I do rank these as pretty freakin DELICIOUS.  And delicious just in time for the holiday season.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment