Sunday, November 10, 2013

Leftover Buns? Make Frozen Garlic Bread for Later!

Why this never occurred to me I have no idea.

I always make things in my apartment like hamburgers or other sandwiches, yet I never have buns and always opt to eat them on bread.  My reasoning for not having buns on hand is that I can't get through a whole pack without them getting moldy.

Problem solved!

All you need to do is put a thin smear of butter on them, top them with a light dusting of garlic or a garlic cheese topper (I use Shipshewanna brand, but McCormick makes a pretty good one too) which is a combination of cheese dust, garlic, and herbs.  Put them out on a cookie sheet and pop them in your freezer.  I left mine in for a couple hours because I went shopping.

I transferred mine to a large Ziploc bag to store them in.  Now, whenever I want some garlic bread, I simply grab out a couple of pieces and bake them at 350 for 8 or so minutes. 

This gets the outer crust crispy while still having a soft buttery center.  Alternatively, you could broil them to get them more brown on top, but you will need to watch them carefully.

I like this so much better than getting that garlic toast out of the box because you can control the amount of butter that goes on it.  Don't get me wrong I love me some butter, but I do not want my garlic toast to be swimming in it. 

As a bonus, when you only use a little butter you can get away with using them as sandwich buns after toasting too, every now and then.  That would make a chicken sandwich just a little more festive at times, Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing good and helpful article with us. This is very helpful for me.
    Order food online delhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, thank you for the feedback!

      Delete