Thursday, April 4, 2013

Space Saver: Vertical Plates

I have been considering this for quite some time, and I finally found just the right contraption to make it happen.  Now, let me just say I am not the queen of organization at ALL.  But every now and again I have a moment like this that offers me a glimmer of hope that it may some day be something I am better at.

Anyway, I found a pot lid rack at Meijer for under $2.  That is my kind of price range.  It allowed me to put my plates vertically instead of stacking them.  Since I have a mix of square and round plates, and only my round ones fit my microwave, a single stack of plates is not an option for me. 

Inevitably I would always end up not having the plate I needed or it being a hassle when I was putting dishes back up.  So until this point, I have had my square plates on one level and my round ones on another.  That made my bowls have to move to a completely different cabinet.

NOW, however, I have all my plates plus my small guys on this shelf, and my bowls fit with plenty of room to spare on the shelf above. It is basically a sigh of relief.

So no, this might not necessarily be considered a craft to some people, but it is one of the darn craftiest ideas I have come up with in a while.

And it was cheap, did I mention that?

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment