Monday, April 15, 2013

Apricot Pecan Granola Bars (Flourless!)

Ingredients:
-1/2 C chopped Apricots (I highly suggest getting them from Trader Joe's! Yummy!)
-1 6oz container of Chobani Blood Orange (I almost used peach which I think would be DELICIOUS as well, so keep that in mind)
-1/4 C chopped pecans
-3 TB real maple syrup
-1 C oats

Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  I think just greasing the sheet would be fine with these, I usually only have trouble with banana based ones. 

Mix up all the ingredients in a bowl, turn out onto the baking sheet and press into a rectangle (approximately 1/4 inch thick).  Another option would be to go ahead and press them into individual squares so that you do not have to cut them later. 

I have made them both ways.  I kind of prefer the no cutting method.  But I cut these so both are feasible.

Anyway, bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes depending on your oven and pan.  I use dark nonstick and a gas oven.  I like them to be a nice light golden color when they are done.  If you prefer more crunchy bars, bake them a few minutes longer.

Remove from the oven when done and let them cool for a few minutes on the pan.  Cut and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

If you want them to last longer, as always just put them in the fridge.  You can freeze granola bars as well. 

As an optional finishing touch, drizzle with chocolate or white chocolate.  If you don't have maple, feel free to use honey in this recipe instead.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment