Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies

Ingredients:
-3/4 C Sugar
-1 large egg
-1/2 C peanut butter
-1/2 C Nutella
-1 tsp vanilla

Mix all of the ingredients EXCEPT the Nutella in a bowl, mixing until well incorporated.  Add in the Nutella and fold it in to the batter, not overmixing so that it is swirled throughout. 

You can either drop it by tablespoonfuls, flatten a little, and bake at 350 for ten minutes...

Or you can put giant scoops on a parchment paper lined sheet, not flatten it at all, and let them bake for about 16 minutes at 350 until the edges are starting to brown and firm up.

I am a big fan of giant cookies, so it is not hard to guess which one I chose.  It made nine 2-2.5 diameter cookies.  They each had varying levels of swirls.

Best part about this is it makes your place smell FANTASTIC. And it will give me something to put on my tall cake stand.

I am not gluten free, although I have been exploring a lot of flourless recipes of late.  What I am is an occasional minimalist.  If I can make something with fewer ingredients, I want to know.  If I can make something that is just as tasty, if not more so, with fewer ingredients, then I DEFINITELY want to know.  That way, if I am out of flour (unlikely) and in desperate need of cookies (less unlikely) I am fully prepared to make them using what I already have.

Not to mention, I have friends that are gluten free, so it is always worthwhile to have a few recipes up your sleeve for that.  Especially for parents, you just never know when your kid is going to come home with a gluten free friend!

If you want them to be more peanut buttery and less Nutella feel free to do 75% PB and 25% Nutella.  These cookies came out with chewy yummy edges and softer cores. 

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment