Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Countdown Calendars: College Survival

So being a college kid for about 5 years now, I have learned that the final semester of any school year is when you have to do the most planning if you want it to go smoothly. 

This has helped me out a lot since I started cooking at my apartments and dorms and similar.  I have a feeling I would use before vacations as well.

Basically what I do is I take an inventory of everything in my freezer, and sometimes the stuff in my fridge.  I rarely have a problem using up what's in my fridge, though, so I usually stick to figuring out what meat and similar I have and need to use. 

For this calendar I have what meals I want to make for the month, the critical assignments for school, and I have grayed out the weekends I have things planned.  In bold I have things I will probably use as crafts of the day.

As you can maybe guess, I do Meatless Monday as often as possible (no I don't count seafood as meat).  I have to plan for a night class on Thursdays, so I try to account for leftovers and having something to eat for that day as well with my Wednesday plans.  I actually had more stuff in my freezer than I will likely use throughout all this, which is exactly why I highly recommend doing this before you are leaving for an extended period.  I probably would have bought more chicken if I had not realized how much I had versus how few days I needed to cook.

If you are really prone to forgetting things, make it your background for that month.  You may not be able to see everything depending on how cluttered your desktop is, but it will serve as a reminder that you need to get things done.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment