Monday, January 27, 2014

Pulled Pork Corn Muffins

Ingredients:
-1/2 C Corn Flour
-1/2 C AP Flour
-2 TB Butter
-1/2 C Milk
-1 Egg
-1/2 TB baking powder
-1/4 C finely minced onion
-Salt
-Pulled pork and BBQ sauce as desired
-Optional 1/3 C frozen corn

Mix everything together except the pork and BBQ sauce, adding an extra splash of milk if needed.  I always make my corn muffins like this a really stiff batter like my drop biscuits, to give you an idea of the texture you are looking for.

I highly suggest adding corn if you have it, somehow or other I seem to be out of it in my freezer...completely unacceptable.

Squish the center down and make a well in the middle of the corn muffin pile.  If you don't want batter all over you, consider spraying your hands with PAM or similar.

Press some pulled pork into the batter and top with BBQ sauce, allow me to HIGHLY SUGGEST Sweet Baby Ray's Chipotle Honey BBQ.  It added just the right spicy kick.

Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until muffins are done.  Typically mine start to get a little golden on some of the pointy edges. You could also add a little cheese onto these right as they come out of the oven.

I think these would be a fun game day snack!

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment