Friday, January 17, 2014

Healthy "Nachos" for Lunch and Snacking

You will need:
-2 oz of shredded chicken mixed with 1/3 C salsa (I boil my chicken in salted water 30-40 minuted or until I can shred with two forks)
-1 Red bell pepper, cut into sections
-1 Wholly Guacamole single serve cup

I heated up my chicken before eating this all as a meal.  This is a really great thing to pack for a lunch when you want something healthy but something that still packs a lot of flavor.

By using the peppers in place of chips, you still get a really crunchy texture in your meal with a healthy spin.  I think texture variety is extremely important! Crunching sends lots of happy signals to the brain, and if this is midday at work....you may really need those happy signals....

And of course, it isn't a bad idea to have a better balanced lunch than something packed with sugar or overloaded on carbs that will just make you crash later.

You can also add things like cheese or lettuce or other toppings you may like as you see fit.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment