Tuesday, December 17, 2013

No-Wait Breadstick dough

Ingredients:
-3/4 C AP Flour
-1/2 C Sour Cream
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-Pinch of salt
-Milk as needed

Mix the first four together, and then add the tiniest bit of milk to make the dough come together if it doesn't at first.  Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for a couple minutes until smooth.

Tear off hunks about the size of a golf ball and roll into breadstick shapes or twist into knots.  Brush with melted butter and top with desired seasonings.  I like to hit mine with just a little pinch of salt on top as well.  Very light!

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so or until they start to brown.

This recipe results in a very soft and tasty breadstick.  I like it because I do not have to wait for any dough to rise, and I am typically quite impatient.  I also have not been planning meals out very well so I have not done a whole lot of advanced prep for anything.  I am getting ready to go on break and have just mostly been flying by the seat of my pants and doing a whole lot of sleeping the past couple days.

It takes a lot to recover from graduate school, I have determined...

But breadsticks and carbs are a great step in the right direction! ;)

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment