Friday, December 20, 2013

Creative Cookie Cutter Use: Ducks to Santa

So, originally I had this idea in my head that I would make Christmas cookies at my apartment.  I already had a train cutter, and was looking at my other cutters to see what I might be able to redesign into something else.  I had a square, cool that could be a present.

I had a halloween cat...that wasn't helpful...an apple? Nope not so much...

A duck? Of course, that could be a Santa in a heartbeat.

True story, this is actually how my brain works. I turned the duck around and around and finally worked it out in my head exactly what I would need to do to make it look like a Santa with a bag on his shoulder.

Honestly, sometimes I just like to use what I have.

However, what I did not have was icing bottles, powdered sugar, food coloring...or anything that I needed basically.  So I brought my cutters home because we always make Christmas cookies here.

As you can see, you need to turn the duck cookie so that the tail points down and the beak points up.  Turn the tail into the beard and make the white hat details.  Let those dry then add the red for the hat and some blue eyes.   Let those dry before putting the green in for the bag or it will bleed.  You can also come back with a stiff white royal icing and make another layer outline to give it more detail.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment