Monday, December 9, 2013

Brownie Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chips

Ingredients:
-1 box betty crocker fudge brownie mix
-2 eggs
-1/2 C AP flour
-1/4 C oil
-2 TB water
-1/2 C dark chocolate chips
-Optional 1/2C walnuts (highly suggest)
Other inclusions as desired such as craisins, dried cherries, almonds, caramel pieces and pecans for a turtle cookie (wish I had thought of that sooner!)

Mix all of these ingredients up and add a little more oil if needed.  I use jumbo eggs.  Some people don't.  Your two eggs may be much different than mine so be prepared to adjust.

Preheat your oven to 350F and drop dollops onto a silpat or parchment paper.  I highly recommend using one of these two as these little guys like to stick.

Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges have set and middle is barely still shiny.  Especially when using the fudge brownie varieties, it is very important to not let these bake too long. 

Remove from the oven, let sit a minute or so on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I love these they are chewy and rich and have a lot of potential to be something completely sinful.  I had to adjust this recipe from what I actually made because I put pretzels in them and that was a really big mistake.  It tastes like stale pretzels are in my cookies.  Rawr.  However, the dark chocolate chips are so tasty in them it pretty much makes up for it.

I highly suggest trying the turtle option, that will be my next venture with these.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment