Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chobani Yogurt Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

Ingredients:
-1 6 oz container chobani plain greek yogurt
-3/4 C whole wheat flour
-option 1/2 tb honey
-hefty dash of salt (remember, yogurt starts it more sweet than normal)
-1 TB garlic cheese topper (McCormick or other brand as available)
-1 tsp baking powder

Mix all of this yumminess up, I kneaded mine in the bowl to combine for a few minutes after it was fairly well mixed.  Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to desired thinness.  Dust a pizza pan with cornmeal and put the pizza crust on.  Top as desired and bake at 400 for 14 minutes, and optionally switch over to the broiler for a few to brown the cheese.

You could also brush the edges of the crust with butter and top them with herbs.

As you may have noticed, I did not take a lot of care in making my edges pretty.  I.  Was. HUNGRY.  I typically make a no-knead dough for my pizzas, but those have to rise 8 hours and that was just not going to happen.  I really wanted pizza, and I wanted it right now.

This little guy takes no time to rise!  You of course could use AP flour if you are not a wheat fan.  I actually like wheat crusts on pizzas.  I topped mine with pulled pork, 3 kinds of cheese, tomatoes, BBQ sauce, and a few little jalapenos. I cut mine into 1/4ths and ate two, so I get two meals out of this little guy! That is even better.

I topped my slices with parmesan cheese, of course.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment