Monday, March 4, 2013

Knitted Hat

 You need two rolls of yarn and a hat loom/kit.  I used my friend's loom, and haven't taken a picture of it, so I found this right nice picture here on my phone just for you.  :)

Practically the same thing. 

I am super glad my friend taught me how to do this, and I cannot wait to get a loom and make more!

Get the yarn started off both of the rolls and tie them to the peg sticking out of the side of the loom.  Starting at the peg slightly to the right of the side peg, start taking the yarn around the back of the peg and loop it around, doing so around the loom. 

For the first time, you will want to go around twice, afterwards you will only add a row one at a time.  Starting at that same peg where you began going around, take the bottom loop up and over the top loop and off the peg.  do this all the way around, add another row when you are done, and repeat. 

Once you get a couple of inches (or desired length) you can pull the bottom back up to the pegs and put it through one layer of loops (the very bottom) and then take the bottom row up and over the brim loops.  Then go back to doing the rows and loops as you were.

When you get the length you want on the hat, you need to thread a piece of yarn through the final row of loops and pull them off the pegs.  Tie the ends to pull the top of the hat together.

Alright alright, I know that this would have been better if I had taken pictures the entire time, my bad on that.  But this is pretty simple and a great way to make a fun hat in any color you want!

I am completely buying a loom soon, so stay tuned for more fun-ities!

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment