Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yummy Nutella Granola Bars with Craisins

My family thinks I am a yuppie...this is not going to help my case any.  I am a little picky when it comes to granola bars.  I don't like a lot of typical bars as they are usually coated or packed full of some chocolate that is bitter, bleh.  Once I read a variety of recipes on a multitude of different flavors, I realized that granola bars were pretty foolproof. 

Magic words.

Ingredients:
-2 C Oats
-1/3 C Nutella
-1/4 C Applesauce
-Handful of craisins
-1/4 C Honey

Mix all the ingredients.  I used this little wimpy spatula in the picture and then switched off and pressed and mixed it all around with my hands.  I will be advising you to get out your kitchenaid and stop trying to avoid washing the bowl. I would have had less dishes if I had just used it in the first place....

Line a pan with parchment paper, then ask yourself why you are still using the stupid foil lined parchment paper that you can't stand.  Then remember that the answer is because you are cheap and refuse to waste it...alright that part just applies to me.

Preheat the oven to 350 and turn your mix out onto the parchment paper. Press it out to about 1/4 inch thick, or desired thickness.  Keep it as consistent as possible in thickness. 

Bake for at least 17 minutes, a few more if you prefer it more crunchy.  Mine turned out firm but not overly crunchy, which is how I prefer them.  Had I realized at Target that I would end up making nutella ones (I originally planned for pumpkin) I would have bought the hazelnut pieces that they sell on the baking row.

You can also easily do this with peanut butter and dried fruit or nuts.  I sub nutella and peanut butter in for each other quite a bit.  Nutella makes a DELICIOUS no bake cookie.

I would suggest drizzling a little white chocolate over these.  I have not done that yet but I am considering it.  All granola bars should have a pretty chocolate drizzle.

I personally like these. I am not a big chocolate lover, but Nutella is A-OK by me. 

Happy crafting!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment