Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Birthday Party Cookies!

Ingredients:
-1/2 stick of butter, melted
-1/4 C Almond Milk
-1/8 C Honey
-1 and 1/4 C AP Flour
-1/4 C Wheat Flour
-1/2 C Sugar
-1.5 tsp Vanilla
-1/4 C sprinkles
-1/2 tsp baking soda

I set aside the sprinkles and mixed everything else together until it was incorporated.  Then I added in the sprinkles.  I did not think they would fade, but I did not want to take any chances with them hitting something like the melted butter.  Let the mix sit for a few minutes and grease a baking sheet.  I suggest a dark nonstick jellyroll pan, as it is my favorite to use.  Preheat the oven to 350. 

Drop the mix onto the greased sheet by spoonfuls and use the spoon to flatten them out a bit.  I would suggest putting them an inch or so apart, some of mine ended up coming together.

Bake for approximately 10 minutes until they are golden and just firm.  This may take a little longer on a lighter pan.

Transfer them to a cooling wrack or parchment paper and dust with powdered sugar.

To make icing:
-1/2 stick butter, softened
-1/2 tsp vanilla*
-3/4 lb powdered sugar
-Dash of water

Mix all of the icing ingredients together, taste, and increase the vanilla as needed.  Vanilla was not all created equally as far as I am concerned, so you may need more.  You may also want to use less powdered sugar if you prefer an icing that is not as stiff.  I wanted mine to set, and my apartment can be a little on the warmer side sometimes so I did not want anything to be runny.

I mixed in some sprinkles with my icing too, which made them way more fun!

If you are hesitant about the wheat flour, use all AP flour.  I happen to like things that are a mix, so this worked just fine for me.  These are not overly sweet, and I like that about them as well.

They have a hybrid texture between a cake and a cookie, are not crumbly, and would make perfect ice cream sandwiches as well.

And I HAD to make something to go on my new miniature cake plate from Hobby Lobby!  This recipe made about a dozen, so the rest are in my fridge.

Happy crafting!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment