Friday, February 22, 2013

Bread Bowl

It is a well-known fact that I like soup.  I also am a self proclaimed carbivore.  With my trusty no knead dough recipe, I always have enough dough for a small pizza and something else.  This...is that something else.

Bread bowls are pretty simple once you have the right pan.  By using a 5" round cake pan (aka the small little top cake pan) you can create a pretty good environment for that bread to bowl right up.  I baked the remaining half of my no knead dough from the bacon pesto pizza at 375 for about 35 minutes.  Make sure to grease the pan.

Before hollowing it out I ran a knife around the edge so that I knew it would release.  My little cake pan is not dark nonstick, and I still haven't bought pam.  The bread bowl tried to stick a little, but we made it work.

To hollow it out, you just need to cut straight down through the bread loaf in a circle.  Reach in around the ring you cut and pull out the center.  Don't make a cone shape, unless you just want to go to the extra work of hollowing it out further.

I ended up getting through about half of this bowl, which is pretty typical.  Though I may be a carbivore, I cannot eat an entire bread bowl all at once. 

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment