Thursday, February 14, 2013

Banana Bread Cookies

Talk about a happy accident!  I started out this day with deciding that I was going to make those birthday cake cookies again, but make them banana and make this yummy creamy dreamy icing to go in the middle.  Well...by the time I had added twice the amount of honey I intended, I decided that we were just going to have to wing it.

Here are some things I know in life.  I know you can make cookies without flour when things like peanut butter are involved.  I know banana can be a viable replacement for butter.  I know that not everything has to have an egg in it.  I know that overripe bananas are only useful for baking.  I know the relative consistency of batter, drop cookie dough, roll out cookie dough, and pancakes.  So naturally, this gave me the confidence to just go on a whim.  Makes sense right?

Ingredients:
-3 very ripe bananas, the darker the better
-1/4 c honey
-1/4 c milk
-1 cup AP flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/4 cup sugar
-5 TB oats
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp cinnamon (I used a half, but I would suggest upping it)
-1/4 tsp ginger
-2 dashes of nutmeg
-pinch of salt

THAT'S RIGHT! No butter, no egg needed.  Very uncharacteristic of me. Mix all the ingredients together.  You are going for a batter that is not as stiff as a cookie dough but does not spread out much.  Absolutely bake these on parchment paper.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. 

I would completely suggest adding nuts into the batter.  Yummy.  I sprinkled powdered sugar and a cinnamon sugar mix on top of mine when they came out of the oven.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment