Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet Christmas: Cupcake Ornament

 To say I like to bake would be a bit of an understatement.  Don't get me wrong, I despise cleaning.  But I adore cake.  Probably a little more than I should.  The day my metabolism slows down...

I'll be starting a workout challenge I suppose.

LUCKILY decorative cupcake ornaments are calorie free.

You need:
-Ornament, mine was one that has a string already through it, very handy for decorating
-A cupcake paper, I used ones that I missed and were doubled when I made muffins
-Puffy paint and excessive amounts of glitter, as it should be



 Use mod podge to attach the cupcake liner to the ornament.  It will come out more round instead of having a flat bottom, but that's ok.  If you want to try to avoid this, just glue the sides, but realize that you will need to figure out a way that it doesn't get smashed when you store it.

Use puffy paint and "ice" the top part of the ornament.  I brought mine down all the way to my paper so the silver ornament wasn't showing, but you may choose to paint your ornament or use a different color and not paint all the way down.

Add a LOT of glitter.  I used a combination of my polyflake (super fine super shiny) and some pink glitter (gaudy and fantastic) that I had. 

Funny sidenote...I really don't even like pink.  It is kind of ironic.

Next I used my red paint and put it around the top part to make a cherry for my cuppycake ornament.


Then I came to the sad realization that although it was superduper cute...it wasn't a real cupcake.  Nor did I have any real cupcakes.

BUT I DO still have pumpkin ice cream sandwiches in the freezer, and that is kind of the same thing.

Hang it on something and let it dry overnight.  I am still using my method of clothespinning ornaments to hang off my closet hanging organizer.

It's very effective.

Happy crafting!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment