Sunday, October 7, 2012

I Choose You: Memory Bracelets

Time to show off my geek side for a minute.  I love Pokemon.  And Star Wars.  But mostly Pokemon.

I made this bracelet a long time ago but it broke and I had to fix it, so I am letting it count today.  Basically I am exhausted still from the cake and I hiked today and I am trying to write a proposal for a HUGE grant.  So I am giving myself a break.

We all need to cut ourselves some slack sometimes.

Anyway to make this I used a 1 inch punch to cut the images out of the cards.

To all PokeLovers out there, I only used cards I had multiple ones of.  I could not bring myself to use my rare ones.  I think you will understand.  Plus c'mon Vulpix is adorable. 

Anyway, I always like to promote attaching the images down with glue before putting resin on, but if you are brave you can skip this.  Just watch your images in the caps because they like to float up on an edge randomly. Let them dry completely.

I use a hammer and nail to put holes in each side and then used larger jump rings to attach the caps.  Now, you may not like pokemon or any trading cards but consider this.  If you were to put pictures of your family into Word, shrink them down and make sure the part you like fits in a 1 inch circle, you could have a cute bracelet with your family in it. 

I always put my pictures in (changing the wrap text setting to "square"), make a 1" circle shape in word and set it to "square as well" and then put the square over the picture to ensure it is the right size before I print.  Very simple.  You could make wedding bracelets, vacation bracelets, whatever you want.

Five caps fit around my wrist perfectly.  I would suggest using the bar and ring clasps because it is just easier to put it on yourself that way.

As an added bonus, I will tell you why my jeans have such a cool patch.  My mom put a piece of black lace over white fabric and reversed an iron-on patch so that when it ironed on it would adhere the material to my jeans (the patches were a little bit wider than the hole).  Even though these jeans are super tight, the patch has held like a charm.

And the top of my thigh no longer shows out of my jeans.  Call me crazy, but I am not ok with my thigh showing THAT HIGH. 

Now go craft and patch.  Hop to.  As for me and my house, we will go to bed early. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment