Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Lure Me In

FINALLY! The fishing lure statement necklace I promised...or promised to myself at least.  I thought I had lost the pictures to it yesterday, but by the time I woke up this morning my pictures were mysteriously back on my phone.  I did not sync it or restart it...and I have no idea how they got there.

But I am ok with it, at least my pictures are there. 



So to make this I took apart a decorative belt that came with a pair of dress pants.




Yes, I'm serious.  That is where I got the chain and the pearls.  I doubled the pearl strand but ended up taking it apart so that I could lace it through the black chain.


See, lacing it through the chain.


I love to do this with things.  Small chain through large ones, ribbons through chains, and strands like this through other chains.



It really helps mix it up in your necklace.



Next, I attached the lures with jump rings.
I would just like to say I don't recommend wearing it with a neon yellow athletic shirt.



However, I thought you might like to see how it lays.


AKA Perfectly.
Here is the necklace not on me.  It is really cute! Go make some alternative jewelry right now!




I went hiking again, if Gretchen reads this she will fall out of her seat.  I am really loving being on trails, it is such a fun way to enjoy the outdoors.  My friend and I were talking about how crazy it is that some people could not sit out along a trail and just enjoy the world. 


God made a beautiful earth.  Go out and just enjoy it.  Just sit there, preferably near water, and enjoy. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment