Thursday, February 20, 2014

Roasted Stuffed Cubanelle Pepper: Zone Diet Friendly

Ingredients:
-1 Cubanelle pepper
-4 oz pulled pork, I used my Guinness Pork recipe here
-3/4 C onion, chopped
-Just under 3/4 C chopped green pepper (or red/multicolor for more fun!)
-1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
-Salt and pepper to taste

Put the cubanelle on a cookie sheet and roast at 400F for at least 15 minutes, turning every 5 to 7 minutes.

While it is roasting sautee the peppers and onions with the sauce and a little bit of water. Hit them with some salt and pepper.  Sautee until the onions start to turn translucent, reduce the heat and add your pork in just to let the flavors mingle.

Get the pepper out of the oven and let it cool for a few moments, and lower your oven to 350F.  Slice it down the center (not all the way through, just cut a slit). Scoop out the seeds from inside.

Stuff it with the filling and pop it back in the oven for another ten minutes or so.

Devour and enjoy!

I am so sorry that I am so flaky currently with my posting, but I am in the last few days of a huge school project!  I hope to return to normal soon.

Until then, happy sporadic crafting!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment