Sunday, February 16, 2014

Easy-Cut Cakes for Events and Charities

This is a cake that my mom did for an event for the volunteer fire department.  The great thing about cakes like this is it tells people exactly where to cut, and everyone gets a rose.

Have you ever gone to an event and been a lover of icing and got the piece that just has base on it and no decorations? Don't you feel like you get shorted?

I do.  I love icing.  Pile it on, I want a sugar buzz by the time the night is over.

By putting rows of roses on, it tells people who may not have the most experience in cake cutting exactly what they need to do, and I know that if I was in that position I would really appreciate something like that.

These roses are red raspberry roses, which added to a chocolate cake makes for a tasty surprise.  It would definitely be overkill to make an entire cake raspberry icing, but a decently strong flavored rose of a fun extract like raspberry or strawberry can give you a taste of something different without making you want to gag.

I know I have been pretty flaky lately on getting things posted daily, and that may be the lesson of the 365 Day Craft Challenge this time around, making sure that you make time to do the things you love, without being obsessed or worried about missing a day.

No one is perfect.

And strangely enough, it is sometimes difficult for me to fit my social life, my graduate school life, my home life, and my craft challenge all into the same 24 hour period...who would have guessed ;).

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment