Thursday, February 6, 2014

For the College Kid: Care Packages

As I have now been in college for 6 years (undergrad and graduate) I feel more than qualified to attest to the importance of care packages.

Also, with the wide variety of UPS and USPS boxes and envelopes available for shipping things, it can be pretty inexpensive to get things moving.

Do not bother to do the fancy, pricey ones that sites and campuses try to sell you on all the time.  Go for things you know your kid will like.

The sugar party pictured here is one my mom sent me after a span of a couple days where I repeated said that I would happily injure someone if it meant I could have a Cosmic Brownie.  Have you ever had a Cosmic Brownie? If you have, I think you know that they are delicious and you probably understand why I was so keen to have them.

Regardless, care packages need not be this big, but they should be sent every now and then.  I actually like getting them better when they are a just because thing as opposed to a holiday.  My theory with that is the same as with many things: you are required to think of people on holidays.  You are not required to think of them on any given Wednesday.  Therefore, a care package just because is a much bigger surprise than one for Valentine's Day or similar.

One time my mom sent me a padded envelope full of M&M pouches of all different flavors.  That was a fun care package as well, and was much smaller.  My point here is it can be anything and can be quite small and still make a great impact.

If you aren't a big fan of shipping sugar and calories, get some fun ink pens or post it notes or things that your student uses a lot.

Heck, a care package of socks so they don't have to do laundry as soon...

A care package can be anything and just needs to show that you cared enough to think of someone.

And if you do not want to ship something, you can always send a small eGift card from Starbucks or Amazon or whatever you want just to let someone know you were thinking of them.  There are a ton of ways to do it.  Just remind that stressed out college kid that you have them in mind every once in a while.

It helps keep us human.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment