Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Guinness Pulled Pork in the Crockpot

Ingredients:
-Pork Roast (however much you need to fit in a normal crockpot, this is not rocket science)
-1 or 2 bottles of Guinness (need enough to come about halfway up or a little over the pork roast)
-1 C water
-2 TB butter
-1/2 of an onion (I used a yellow one) chopped
-1 tsp worchestershire sauce
-Salt and pepper to taste

So I typically buy normal sized pork roasts (tenderloins, whatever is typically $9 and a little bit larger than a Dachshund). And then I cut them into 4ths or 3rds and I use them for multiple meals.  So that gives you an idea of the size of cut I used with a half bottle of Guinness.  But I cannot stress to you enough, this is not a precise science, just wing it and enjoy.

So add all the ingredients to your crockpot and cook on low overnight. That's it.  That's all you have to do.  I mean ideally you should turn it once while it is cooking but if you don't it will still work just fine.  In the morning, shred all the pork up (I just use my tongs and pull it all apart in the crockpot) and then I like to let mine sit in the juices all day on the "keep warm" setting.

I have tried this made with various beers and I have to say that Guinness is hands down the way to go.  It was the richest flavor and really worked well with the other ingredients.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment