Monday, September 10, 2012

Nutella No Bakes

Nutella is spectacular, let me just start out by saying that.  I am not a big fan of chocolate (weird, I know, for a female) nor am I obsessed with peanut butter by any means, but there is something about nutella that just really works for me. 

I also love peanut butter no-bakes.  And so, a beautiful hybrid was born.  You can use any no bake recipe you have, just cut out the chocolate and swap out equally the PB amount for Nutella. 

In my opinion, it ends up far creamier tasting and a million times better than the chocolate ones ever thought about tasting.  One of my friends claims it is the best no bake they have ever had.  I would hands down say it is the best chocolatey no bake I have ever had.

I really don't think peanut butter and chocolate ones are comparable...but still.

Nutella No Bakes:
-2 cups sugar
-1 stick butter
-1/2 cup nutella
-1/2 cup milk
-1 tsp vanilla
-3 cups quick cooking oats

Combine the milk, sugar, and butter in a saucepan on medium heat.  Make sure you use a pan big enough that you can put the oats in..just sayin'.  Heat until boiling and let boil for one minute.  Remove from heat and mix in nutella, vanilla, and oats.  Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper to cool.

They will look like your standard chocolate no bake, so if you want to keep it our little secret that it is in fact nutella instead, I won't rat you out.  Everyone will wonder why yours are so much better, and you and I can chuckle about it.

I also think nutella would be a much better ingredient than the PB/Choc combo in puppy chow, though I am not sure but what if it would not change the way that it sets.  That would require some experimentation.  Nutella is AMAZING with fruit and granola wrapped in tortillas.  And I think it would make the best fudge ever.

Enjoy! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment