Monday, January 16, 2012

Teach Me How To Tebow

You are correct.  Something else someone is writing about Tebow.  Well get used to it.

Here is what I do not understand.  Why again is there anyone who doesn't like him?  I mean you can say he needs to keep his religious opinions to himself if you want, but don't so many of the players point to the sky or similar things that are in reference to God?  And really, it does happen to be a country of free speech.  And the football is not the government, so there really isn't a separation of church and state issue here. 

I am ecstatic Tebow is in the game and quite frankly I hope he becomes one of the greatest football players of all time.  I am thrilled that everyone has a player to look to who isn't a thug, works hard, doesn't have life handed to him on a silver platter, and keeps his head up.  He was never a diva demanding more time, money, or a trade. He was a good sport when he had to ride the bench while Orton choked the last couple of seasons.  And he is just a good guy.  He is only in his second year and he is already making plans to build a hospital to take care of kids.  Give the guy some credit here.

I would much rather an impressionable young child to look up to Tebow than look up to Roethlisberger.  Or Ray Lewis.  Or Plaxico even.  I would far rather it be a Tebow jersey hanging in my closet than a DeSean Jackson jersey after how big of a diva he has been this year.

The point is, why is everyone so offended by a legitimately good guy?  It makes no sense.  Most of it I feel is a media spin issue of course.  But still, the guy is one I would love to know, would be incredibly proud to call a friend, and would have no hesitation in introducing to my friends and family and professors.

(Some of my past friends/boyfriends I have hid from said people as I was not proud to know them.  Sad but true)

I look at Tebow and I want to be like him.  I want to not be the best at something but still love it so much that I never give up.  I want to have so much faith that I could take all the pressure and attention he does and not bat an eye.  I want his faith.  I know he probably has bad days just like all of us, but I am thoroughly impressed.

So forget Dougie.  Somebody please, teach me how to Tebow.  Because that is the kind of person I want to be.  I think he is one worth looking up to.

Oh, and my car is fixed! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment