Sunday, March 23, 2014

Zucchini Pasta and Red Pepper Marinara

For a batch of sauce (approximately 8 1/4th cup servings):
-6 red bell peppers
-1 C onions, diced
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1.5 TB italian seasoning
-1 TB balsamic vinegar
-EVOO
-salt and pepper to taste

Per person on zucchini pasta:
-2 small zucchini or equivalent

Other:
-Meat or mushrooms as desired

First, cut the peppers up and remove the seeds, and puree them in a food processor or blender. Sautee the onions and garlic in a little EVOO until the onions start to turn clear.  Add in the pepper blend and seasonings, and balsamic, and cook on low for about an hour.  If you want a smooth sauce (my preference) allow it to cool a little and return it to the food processor or blender.

Afterward, cook your meat or mushrooms or whatever else you will be serving this with.  I used a quarter pound of ground beef.  Season it as desired and cook until almost done.

I cut some of my zucchini with a potato peeler and some I just cut with my knife, or you can buy a fancy spiralizer online.  Regardless, cut up the veggies as you see fit and add them to the beef skillet with 1/4C of roasted red pepper sauce, more as desired.  Allow that all to cook together for 3-5 minutes, remove, and enjoy!

I actually really like zucchini as pasta, it is already one of my favorite vegetables and a great substitute for something that I have always loved.  I look forward to experimenting more with this.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment