Friday, March 14, 2014

Elvis Cookies: No Flour, added sugar, or butter! Peanut butter, banana, almond flour, egg, BACON

You will need:
-3-4 strips of bacon, fried to just under crispy and crumbled
-3/4 C peanut butter
-1 large, extremely overripe banana
-3/4 C almond meal
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
-Optional 2 TB locally sourced honey

Now, let me start off by saying that depending on what you buy in these ingredients you may need to adjust a few things.  I typically just have Jiff peanut butter, which is fairly stiff and not very oily.  You may buy a more natural peanut butter that is more oily, and may want to up the almond meal in turn.

I buy jumbo eggs, you may buy smaller ones.  I did not add honey, you may want to. All of this could change the amount of almond flour that you use.

However, you want a cookie dough/batter that is fairly stiff, basically like any drop cookie recipe would be or just a bit thicker.

I mixed my banana, peanut butter, and egg together first.  I cannot stress enough how overripe that banana needs to be.  You know when banana peels turn completely black? That is the kind of banana I am talking.  The further gone it is, the sweeter the banana will be.  That is why I did not feel the need to add honey to mine.  However, you may want a sweeter cookie, which is perfectly understandable.

Anyway mix all the rest of the ingredients and adjust your almond meal as needed to get a good consistency. Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper and bake at 350F for about 12-15 minutes or until they are just starting to brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment