Thursday, March 20, 2014

Peanut Butter Bacon Rice Krispy Treats

Ingredients:
-1/2 stick butter
-1/2 C peanut butter
-5 3/4 cups of rice krispies
-5 cups of mini marshmallows
-1 C peanut butter and chocolate mixed baking chips
-8-10 strips of bacon, fried crispy and crumbled

You will need a big kettle and a sturdy wooden spoon.  Set your burner to low heat and add the butter. Have a greased 9x13 baking pan ready as well.

Once the butter melts, add the peanut butter and marshmallows.  Stir constantly until they are melted.  Add in the remaining ingredients, saving a bit of bacon for topping the treats.  Stir to combine.  I have seen wooden spoons break in marshmallow treats before, so bring one that means business.

Before I did all this, I got my ingredients prepped in two bowls: cereal, baking chips, and bacon pieces in one and marshmallows and peanut butter in the other.  This made it easy to dump it all in and go.  If you are really wise and get the PB all on the marshmallows in a glob, you may not even have to do very tough cleanup.  That is my kind of party.

Once it is all well combined, turn the mix out into the baking pan.  Spray your hands with cooking spray and press the treats down to compact.  Allow them to cool a bit then top with extra chocolate and bacon pieces.

I think adding in the baking chips is a really great idea BECAUSE I think it essentially makes these foolproof.  I could be wrong.  But baking chips typically return to their solid state, meaning that the inclusion of them should essentially help these firm up.  Regardless, they are AMAZING.

Seriously these are going to be a massive hit at work and I am insanely excited to take them in.  If you aren't a fan of bacon in treats, feel free to leave it out.  But this is my favorite food fad to date!

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment