Friday, March 14, 2014

Mickey Mouse Birthday Cupcakes and Cookies

I would like to start off by saying that I am a big fan of desserts.  A big fan.  I love them.  So any time that a dessert can be a topping for another dessert, I am pretty much sold.

These are cupcakes with Mickey Mouse themed cookies as toppers.  Talk about my kind of party! A few simple polka dots on some red, white, or black iced cookies really gives this whole box an adorable (and delicious) theme.

The sugar cookies are iced with royal icing, which as always I suggest doing the outline first before filling in the center.  It makes it a lot easier to keep everything in place.  Also, you might consider for this making a stiffer batch and a less stiff batch and using the former for lining and dots and the latter for fast filling of the center.  However, your normal consistency will likely do just fine for all of the above as long as you are willing to be patient and let the outline dry.

In the center of this fun filled box is a cake, also containing a cookie.  It just keeps getting better! I would like nothing more than to eat this entire box myself.  A small round or square cake with the birthday number cookie on top is also perfectly sufficient if you do not have access to number pans and are not comfortable with free form cutting.

If you do want to try freehanding it, I suggest making a cardboard or posterboard template to lay on top the cake and cut around.

Happy crafting! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment