Sunday, July 20, 2014

Shrimp Skimpy (Healthy Scampi)

Ingredients
-1 zucchini about 6-8 inches long, spiralized into noodles
-1/4 c diced onion
-8 to 10 shrimp
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-EVOO and another flavored oil if desired, I used Fustini's Serrano Honey Vinegar
-salt and pepper to taste

Welcome to your new go-to for healthy in under 15 minutes. 

Anyway put a couple teaspoons of EVOO and a teaspoon or so of the flavored oil if using it in the bottom of a nonstick pan on medium heat. Add your garlic and onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring a few times. 

I chopped up my shrimp so that I could get the taste through the dish without having to add so many shrimp. They are kinda expensive and I'm kinda cheap. 

Anyway add the zucchini noodles and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is done, adding salt and pepper as needed. 

And that's IT. You are welcome.  No, seriously, this is really simple and really quick but tastes like you had time. I made this as a lunch dish for tomorrow at work. 

I do suggest chopping your noodle pile in two or three places. You would be surprised how long a zucchini noodle gets from such a small veggie...

I'm really sleepy, so we will keep this short and sweet. Happy crafting!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment